Sound MDM Strategy Makes Major Contribution
Companies that invest strategically in MDM have demonstrable advantages in the market. The subsequent benefit is what differentiates successful from less successful projects. Master data management provides the following benefits:
MDM supports sustainable company growth:
- Creation of competitive advantages through optimum provision of data
- Support for channel management and customer care
- More targeted end consumer communication and marketing campaigns
- Better utilisation of cross-selling potential
Data management supports risk management by:
- Ensuring the integrity and reliability of critical data
- Use of consistent and transparent data structures
- Assessment of the possible consequences of data defects
MDM enables cost savings to be made due to:
- Lower data management costs (e.g. throughput times, avoiding redundancy, maintenance by third parties)
- Indirect cost savings in procurement
- Higher employee productivity (e.g. in master data maintenance and/or in projects)
- Higher data quality from day one
- Creation of a higher-level instance to guarantee a unique identity in a heterogeneous system environment
- Clear areas of responsibility for departments and individuals
- Reduction of duplicates
MDM Health Check by Parsionate
Our proven methodology for planning master data management provides a framework for all subsequent steps. As part of our standardised Health Check we analyse your company’s MDM maturity in respect of one or multiple data domains. We look at your organisation, processes and data flows.
- What requirements result from your process map for master data?
- Does the existing master data model meet the process requirements in terms of modularity and completeness?
- Are issues such as shared use, concurrency and dialog transactions taken into account?
- What requirements result from the IT strategy for MDM?
- Do your master data processes meet the IT requirements in terms of standards and system specifications?
- Are factors such as interoperability, interfaces, IT environment, including service bus and micro services, taken into account?
- Does the MDM strategy support future organisational changes?
- What organisational challenges exist today and in the future?
- How are external partners taken into account? (Example: data access logic)
- Does the MDM strategy support future governance requirements?
- Is the modularity of entities / sub-entities designed for governance?
- How are governance structures (Chief Data Officer, Data Stewards, Governance Boards etc.) affected?
Clear Competitive Advantage From Strategic MDM
The MDM Health Check by Parsionate enables you to derive maximum benefit from your master data management. Increase the efficiency of your data management and strategically focus your MDM. The MDM Health Check allows a structured analysis of your organisation, processes and data flows.
Parsionate has been supporting retailers and manufacturers in master data management for many years. Extensive process know-how and deep technical expertise set us apart. Benefit from our experience from countless MDM projects.
Request your non-binding consultation for an MDM health check now.
- Objective assessment
- Identification of optimisation potential
- Specific recommendations for action
- Consultancy packages from EUR 5,400 net
- Proven methodology
- Holistic view of all data domains
- Consideration of company’s strategic direction
- Increase in data quality
- Risk minimisation
Request MDM Health Check